Friday 1 January 2016

1 mile, 1 roll of film, 1 hour - the 1x1x1 challenge

When I started teaching in Dundee last year I decided to take my lunch and drive somewhere, eat in the car and go for a walk afterwards.  I was always impressed with just how much ground I could cover in less than hour so I thought I'd set myself a challenge; pick one of my cameras, load it with a fresh roll of film, set myself a 1 mile limit from a pre-determined spot and see how many photos I could take in an hour.  Two rules, firstly I must shoot every frame on the roll and secondly I must not stray outside the 1 mile radius.


So in 2016 the 1x1x1 challenge becomes a reality!  Here's a list of locations I'd like to do so far.
  1. Auchmithie (starting from the water tower)
  2. Stonehaven (starting from the town house)
  3. Broughty Ferry (starting from the castle)
  4. Loch Tummel (starting from Tummel Bridge)
  5. B974 Old Military Road (starting from the Cairn O' Mounth)
  6. Kilcreggan (starting from Rosneath Road carpark)
Right now I'm thinking one per week.  Doable?  Let's go for it.

Map radius graphic courtesy of https://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment